Community resource Guide
Visit our Community Resource Guide for resources related to after-school opportunities, community-based health, community safety, domestic violence/sexual assault, human services, LGBTQ, mental health, and volunteer opportunities for teens.
Substance Use Prevention, Education and Treatment Resources
Safe Disposal of Prescription and Over-the-Counter Medications
- Safe disposal of unused prescription drugs helps keep our children safe. Drop boxes are available at the Naperville Police Station, all Naperville Fire Stations and the Walgreen's on 87th street. For details see Naperville Prescription Drug Drop-Off Locations.
- Dispose my Meds
- Green Initiatives- Rx Box Program offers DuPage County residents a list of locations and hours
- Illinois EPA: Medication
- Lisle Police Department has an RxBox located just inside the lobby, located at 5040 Lincoln Ave
Drug Information and Warning Signs
- DuPage County Coalition Against Heroin provides education and resources regarding heroin
- Effects of Marijuana a video presented by Gateway Foundation
- Electronic Cigarette Tip Sheet
- Electronic Cigarettes: An Overview of Key Issues
- Get Smart About Drugs
- How do I know if my child is using?- The Partnership at DrugFree.org provides information on warning signs, behavior changes and tips on how to take action.
- Keeping Youth Drug-Free offers advice on keeping children substance free. Review statistics about adolescent substance use, and learn tips on good communication.
- Lessening the Impact of Medical Marijuana on Local Youth– information to help proactively plan as a community to safeguard local youth as medical marijuana becomes available in Illinois.
- Marijuana Facts for Teens
- Marijuana Talk Kit- what you need to know to talk with your teen about marijuana
- National Institute on Drug Abuse provides information and statistics on a variety of topics.
- NIDA Commonly Abused Prescription Drugs chart
- Parenting Strong Vaping and Youth Podcast
- Prescription Drugs Fact Sheet
- Smart Approaches to Marijuana (SAM)
- Symptoms and Signs of Addiction from the Illinois Department of Human Services
- Synthetic Drugs toolkit from the Partnership at Drugfree.org
- Teens & Weed: Still a Big Deal a parent’s guide to talk with a teenager about marijuana from Rosecrance
- Teen Drug and Alcohol Abuse: Parent Tools from the Gateway Foundation
- Tobacco Facts from the DuPage County Health Department
- Tobacco Facts and Stats from the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids
- Vaporizers, E-cigarettes, and other Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS)
- Understanding Drug Addiction
- 360 Youth Services
- Aurora Community Alliance
- Breaking Free
- DuPage Prevention Leadership Team
- Cebrin Goodman Institute/Operation Snowball Inc.
- Lisle Operation Snowball
- Naperville Operation Snowball
- Power of Choice
- Robert Crown
- Will County Substance Abuse Prevention Coalition
Intervention and Treatment
- Naperville/Aurora Area Crisis Text Line- to find support through texting- text “REACH” to 741741
- Alexian Brothers Behavioral Health Hospital
- Breaking Free, Inc.
- Connect for Life initiative facilitated by the Naperville Police Department
- Directory of Substance Abuse Providers in Illinois- DuPage County starts on page 109; Will County starts on page 209
- Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare
- Gateway Foundation
- Illinois Helpline for opioids and other substances provides a confidential outlet for individuals experiencing opioid use disorders, their families and anyone affected by the disease 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call 1-833-2FINDHELP
- Linden Oaks at Edward
- Presence Health
- Rosecrance Naperville Office
- SamaraCare Counseling
Recovery and Support
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Marijuana Anonymous
- Narcotics Anonymous
- Parent Café at Rosecrance a free parent support group; Tuesdays from 6:45-8:15 PM at the Rosecrance Naperville Office
- Project Connect is a program designed to provide support and linkage for individuals who have received life-saving Narcan
Inclusion in this list does not indicate endorsement by the Alliance and/or 360 Youth Services